Google Analytics can be used for tracking data on your website. This tool can be used to track and measure your website’s performance and help you make improvements.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on best SMTP Server.
Google Analytics heatmap now makes it easier to analyze all the data. This heat map is visual and shows you not only which pages users interact with most but also the areas where they spend most of their time clicking and spending the most.
Google Analytics heat mapping lets you set information exact where customer are most interested.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on what is CTR in Google Adsense.
What is a Google Analytics Heat Map?
Google now offers Heatmaps. These heatmaps are built using Google Analytics data via a Chrome extension called page analytics.
Heatmaps show the visual representations of individual values in a metric.
Heatmaps allow you to visualize your site data in a visual representation. This allows you to see how visitors interact with your site, such as which links they click and what section they are most interested in.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on best Sacred Geometry Designer Software.
If you want to engage your audience and have a higher conversation rate, it is important to understand how they behave.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on NameCheap Hosting.
How does Heat Map work in Google Analytics ?
Google Analytics heatmaps are easy to set up and use. It can be used in three steps. If your Google Analytics account is already active, skip to the second section.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on how much does Google Adsense pay for view or click.
- Sign up for a Google Analytics account to get the code to add to each web page you wish to track.
- The page analytics extension can be downloaded as well. Google Analytics will provide all the information you need to create a click map. Now you can create a click map for each page of your website
- The icon will appear in the upper right corner and click it to turn it on.
The Heatmap displays the most clicked link percentage. To see a better visual representation of your data, click show colors.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on best strategies and types of SEO
The data percentage of your data will change according to the different shades of colors. For example, the most visited links in red and the least clicked in blue.
Create a Google Analytics Heat Map
If you’re looking for something more, you can create a heatmap.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on best 7 reasons for having a Com domain name in website.
Make a custom report
To get the best out of your Heatmap, you may wish to create a custom report.
- In the right-hand menu, click on Customization.
- Type the title (e.g. Heatmap) into the New Report box.
- Add the metrics that you wish to measure and the days, weeks and hours to the dimensions section.
- You can also add an optional section of data that you wish to be closely monitored.
- Once you’re done, you can view the report. In the upper right corner, you can choose the date range.
- Here you can select the time period that your heatmap should be focused on.
- If you have very little data, it is a good idea to choose a date range that has a lot of data.
- Next, export your data to Excel and create a pivot table. You will need to place the Day of the Week in the columns and the Hours of Day into the rows.
- Then you can insert table and the sessions, transaction, or anything else that you would like to see in the value section.
- Select the color that you want to use in the value section. Now you can quickly see which colors represent the best or worst times.
- Click on the table to change the metrics. Select the new metric and then reapply the Heatmap.
- To get deeper insight, you can use the total columns and rows. You can also use this calculator to divide two metrics, such as conversation rates, and get more detailed data.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on cloudfunnels.
A heat map is best when there are a lot of data. For instance, you can get a better heat map if you have a greater percentage of page views or a longer session. You cannot use it with very small data.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on best Google AdSense alternatives for small websites.
The benefits of a Heat Map
Google Analytics provides data about your site. Heat maps however, provide a visual overview on how users interact with your website.
Although there are many heat maps, the most useful and convenient is the Google Analytics heat map.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on best blog name Generator Tools for trending ideas.
Click maps will show you which pages are being clicked the most by users. The click map uses colors to distinguish data. For example, the blue color indicates fewer clicks, and the red color signifies more clicked sections of the page.
This allows you to quickly identify which content is more engaging and what areas need to be improved on your page to attract users.
Read Also: Read our detailed guide on how to delete WordPress site from BlueHost and WordPress.com
You can improve the appeal of your site in many ways. For example, you might need to modify the design of your website if certain elements are making users ignore it.
You can also focus your attention on the section that engages users most and put your most important information there. You can also see which links are most popular and go to great lengths to make them more accessible.
Google Analytics heat map allows you to visualize your data and makes it easier for you to monitor your site’s performance. It also gives you more insight into the behavior of your users, which, in turn, will allow you to attract your target audience better.
Hey, I am Jitendra Kumar an professional Blogger , and the Founder of askjitendrakumar. Askjitendrakumar works as an operating system for bloggers to explore Blogging, SEO, and Affiliate marketing tips, Read More